Sunday, March 9, 2014

Work In Progress......

What a crazy few months it has been!  We have had TONS of snow around NWA & I am not afraid to say that I am ready for SPRING to arrive and stay, pushing old man winter out the door till next year!! :-).  FYI....this is a long post!  

The past few months I have been struggling.  I wasn't sure with what, till a friend of mine posted her husband's amazing story of "His journey to 26.2" on her blog.  He ran in the Little Rock Marathon on March 2nd.  You can read about his testimony here: http://nebraskamanthes.blogspot.com/2014/03/my-journey-to-262.html 

With Eric's real estate photography business starting up, this winter has been rough.  I'm not going to lie, there were days when we didn't know how we were gonna pay some bills.  When it snows, the  real estate market pretty much stops till it starts thawing out & I have the only job at this time that is continuous and we know that we will get a paycheck every 2 weeks.  I always had my faith that God would provide for us (and he did) but it is so hard not to worry and stress over things of this world and hand everything over to him.  In Matthew 21:22 "Whatever you ask in prayer, trusting, you shall receive".  God has ALWAYS provided for us.  

With all the stress, I have been feeling blah.  Kind of depressed in a way.  Sleeping a lot.  My family has been sick a lot, so when they would sleep, I would sleep.  I could sleep all day and all night, if my kids would let me.I have let my house go to chaos with laundry pilling up.  My job performance was just so so.  My patience with my kiddos was very little.  On top of that, March isn't the best month for me.  It will be 7 years on March 22nd that my mother was taken away from my family.  

With ALL of that being said, TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!!!!  I AM A WORK IN PROGRESS!!!!!  

In SS, we are going through the book of Ephesians.  I'm going to be honest, I ran out of the house without my bible and No, I hadn't even read our lesson.  To be honest....I can't remember the last time I had an actual quite time to read my bible.  I pray daily and talk to the Lord on a daily basis.  But to actually sit down and read his word.....nope, can't remember.  How sad is that!  

Anyway, back to this morning.....in SS, we learned that in Ephesians 4:17-32, the Ephesians had to decided to on how to live their lives; Their old ways, or their new way after seeing what God had done for them & transformed their lives.  We as Christians should stand strong and stand out amongst the crowd.  We should not turn to this crazy world and submit to the "norm" just because that's what everyone else does.  We should stand apart from everyone else. In Ephesians 4:31-32, it says "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."  

I am not the same person I once was 7 yrs ago.  I'm not even the same person I once was 4 yrs ago.  I do still make mistakes, I am only human.  

With Joe's testimony and our SS lesson today, I have really found the encouragement that I have needed.  I believe God has been trying to help me for awhile, I just haven't been listening till now.  If you do not try and keep yourself focused in Gods word, it is so easy to fall into this world that is dark and lonely.  I can't help but to think of the song "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."  We can only keep it shining, as long as we stay in Gods word and teachings.

I help teach Mission Friends on Sunday nights at our church & even tonight went so well and I am so excited about what is in store for this month and what we are going to do!  We are learning about Annie Armstrong!  

Let Gods light shine around you as you walk this week doing what ever it is that you do!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment