Saturday, March 22, 2014

7 YEARS....

Today marked 7 years that my mom was taken from my family. 

I have deleted this post once already, because I realized, I was doing exactly what I said I WASNT going to do....and that is to focus on the past and the negative.   

Today, started out okay, then a little melt down happened and I realized I just had to fall on my knees because I knew today was not going to go as I expected.  

Luckily, my husband decided Presley and I needed to get out for the day and so we did.  Kayden is at his Nannie and Pop's house for 5 days while he has spring break.  (Nannie and Pop's are Margaret and Scott Campbell.  Margaret is momma's BFF and we are so blessed to have them both in our lives!)

In order to focus on my family, I decided to turn my phone off for the day!!!  So thankful I did, but also thankful for my friends that text me or sent FB messages to me letting me know they were thinking of me.  I read them after PK went to bed....I have awesome friends/family!!!  

I got my mom's bible out tonight and found my favorite verse that I lean on so much:
Look at this 👆!!  Is this not awesome!!  I love that she has notes all in her bible and especially for me and my brother.  

You see, when she wrote this, I wasn't trusting in my Lord like I should've been.  My momma knew what I needed and I know she prayed for me every day that I would have a relationship with Jesus, settle down, get married and give her beautiful grandbabies.  

My momma knew that my life at the time she wrote this did not reflect a true witness for God.  I am so thankful for a Godly praying momma who never gave up in me!!!

This is an explanation of Isaiah 43:2, that fits what I had originally posted about, but deleted.  I almost drowned, but thankfully I was saved!  When I moved to NWA, I found an awesome church and really felt the desire or need to be there.  Since moving, I have truly found my relationship with Jesus.  I am on a path now that I can truly say, that even though my Momma's death was tragic, something good did come out of it.  I learned to lean on God and give everything to him.  To have a relationship with him and focus on his word and teachings, as I raise my children and be the best wife God intended on me to be.  
I picture my self as the person in the FootPrints in the Sand poem.  He carried me for many many steps, but thankfully he is always by my side!!  That poem was my Momma's favorite and now it is mine, as it has a personal meaning for me.  

Today, I wanted to be a reflection of what GOOD has happened in the past 7 yrs.  

7yrs ago, my mom was murdered, but TODAY I know I am a sinner that was saved by God's grace and love!!!   

Till we see each other again Momma...Love you to heaven and back!!! 





1 comment:

  1. Awesome Brandi! I didn't know her, but I know your momma would be so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete