Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Playing catch up

Wow, didn't realize that my last blog post was so long ago. Actually, who am I joking...I thought about posting several times, but decided who cares! 

In the past few months, we have made some life changing decisions, accomplished important steps that I didn't think would be possible so early and we have endured some heart break and failures.

Im pretty much a closed book, unless you want to know about my children and their accomplishments or you want to talk about my mom.  I don't like to discuss my families personal struggles, although I've learned recently that talking is better than holding it in.  This is why my husband suggested that I start blogging a while ago, to help me express myself, bc it's hard for me to do so otherwise.  

This week is full of emotions!  I saw my little brother for the first time in over 3 yrs! Mind you, my baby brother is over 6ft tall, technically he isn't that "little" :-). We also got to visit with my other brothers and their families.  I miss having a big family get together, so Monday night was full of great memories (forgot to take pictures).  Would love for us to get together more often.  My baby boy graduates kindergarten tonight, my moms 62nd birthday is on Friday and my baby girl has her dance recital the following Saturday.  

On Monday, during dance practice, the mothers were allowed to watch our sweet girls do their dance....I was so overwhelmed by my daughters smile that I started crying and had to leave the studio.  I felt like I let PK down by leaving for a short time, but knew I needed to regain my composure.  I was able to watch the 2nd round, she and I were full of smiles!  My mom & I had talked a long time ago (before I even had kids or was married) about how one day, I would have a daughter and be able to watch her dance, like my momma would (and NOT record over her dance recital tape with daytime tv shows....inside joke).  This was made possible, late in the dance season.  Oh how I love watching PK dance!   Thank you Mrs. Laine & KDA for making this possible & for teaching & loving our girls!!!  

Before dance practice, PK & I went and ate lunch with Kayden.  This was a surprise to him.  I have not been able to do this till now, bc I've always had to work.  While waiting for him, I started tearing up thinking of all he has accomplished this year, dispite his struggles.  He truly is my hero!! 

I love this sweet boy so much!!! 

This sweet little diva has my heart also...she loves to dress up, paint her nails & fix her hair! 

We recently moved our oldest daughter (from Eric's previous marriage) in with us.  We are so blessed to have Brook living with us.  It's been a change for all of us, but one we gladly accept!  She & I butt heads sometimes, but I will always love her & vow to be there for her and teach her Gods way, not the "worlds way" of handling life's obstacles.  

This was taken after a mother/daughter bible study.  We decided to make a pit stop at the Bucky Ball at our local museum, Crystal Bridges.  This was so pretty and relaxing....wish we could've stayed longer. 
We also have an older son (Brooks older brother), Blake.  I wish I had a recent picture of him, but sadly, the last one was over a yr ago.  Love and miss him to pieces!  

At this moment, I'm sitting here typing....my sweet PK just woke up & climbed up beside me on the couch and fell back to sleep.  She looks so sweet and peaceful!  I believe I'm going to sign off and have extra cuddles with my baby girl.  One day, she won't even want to sit beside me....I pray that never happens.  

Sweet dreams! 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight". (Proverbs 3:5, 6 NIV)












No comments:

Post a Comment