Sunday, October 27, 2013

Another month in the books



Wow, can you believe that the month of October is almost over? Not much longer till Christmas is here....YIKES!!  

Kayden has been out of school for 2 weeks for Fall break.  He attends a "non-traditional" school, which simply means that he starts school earlier and finishes the school year later than the traditional schools (with a few extra breaks here and there).  
He spent the first week with his Nannie and Pops.  He was able to help Nannie "work" at the Fordyce Animal Clinic.  Scott (aka Pops) is the town Vet.  
He also got to help Pops drive the tractor and clear out some hunting lanes for deer season!  Needless to say, he had a blast and wasn't wanting to leave!

Eric, Presley Kaye and I drove down the next weekend. 
This is PK on the way down to Fordyce! 

The whole weekend was planned out for birthday parties, baby showers, picture taking and visiting with friends and family.  Unfortunately, the later part of visiting with friends didn't happen...I was hoping to see a couple of my friends while I was down, but it didn't work out.  I sure do miss them like crazy!! 
                 My niece Leanna
             Kayden, my niece Brianna & PK
Molly and baby Graceland's "coming home" outfit!!  We will see you soon sweet girl!!! 
We are loaded up and ready to head back to NWA!!!  We have both kiddos, plus some decorations that Margaret gave me!  

This past week, Kayden was able to go to work with me AND have a couple of days of fun at Character Kids.  CK is ran by an awesome team of ladies that run a preschool (DOCK)  and an after school program (Character Kids).  When the non-traditional students are out for break, they will entertain the kiddos so the parents can continue to work...for a small fee and it is totally worth every penny!!  On the two days Kayden was there, they went on a field trip to Chucky Cheese and Jump Zone!! 

Wednesday night was AWANA's night and my lil man earned his wings and his first blue jewel!  I'm so proud of him!! 

I'm normally a Sparks leader for a different group, but I was not there that night due to having a stomach bug.  I did have to pick the kids up, since Eric was working late.  I snuck in right before his name was called for his award....I'm so glad for that!!

This was my lunch the next day....UGH!!! 

Later Thursday afternoon, Kayden had his first eye appt with his FAVORITE eye doctor, Dr. Bobby Decker (aka Mr. Bobby)!!  Mr. Bobby was Kayden's 1st cubbies leader at Awana's and is now his Sparks leader!  Both Kayden and Presley love him!   At this point, Kayden is a little farsighted and does not need to have glasses just yet.....which upsets him! Once he starts to read more or if we notice some problems (which ever comes first) then we will discuss the need for glasses.

Our weekend ended with an awesome Saturday night of fellowship with our SS class for a good ole scavenger hunt!!  Let me tell you, this was so much fun!!!  I have some great pictures, but Eric made me promise not to post them on the Internet! BOO!!!! 

Here is a picture of my Gunn Crew!  The kids wanted to dress like daddy, so Camo it was!! :-)

Hope everyone has a great week!!!  Halloween is almost here!!! 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment